Links for your vSphere 5 Appetit
Its been exactly 24 hours since vSphere 5 was launched officially and VMware Virtualization community has responded as only it can . Blog posts on vSphere 5 has been pouring left , right and Center , from all parts of the world and instead of adding to the information storm , In this post i have tried to collect a list of useful Links to vSphere 5 resources and would try my best to keep them updated in the coming days.
Blogs – Tons of information on vSphere 5
- From the Master Duncan Epping : http://www.yellow-bricks.com/
- For everything EMC & vSphere 5, Chad Sakac: http://virtualgeek.typepad.com/
- Posts on New vSphere Products with short Videos , Eric Sloof : http://www.ntpro.nl/blog/
- vSphere5 & VDI : http://myvirtualcloud.net/
- All stuff related to Training on vSphere 5: http://vmwaretraining.blogspot.com/
- VMware ESXi Chronicles : http://blogs.vmware.com/esxi/
- VMware vSphere Blog: http://blogs.vmware.com/vsphere/
- VMware HA : http://blogs.vmware.com/uptime/
From the Blogosphere -
- VMware vSphere 5.0 – What’s New & Exciting
- VMware vSphere 5 -The BIG feature list
- vSphere 5 – Virtualize Business Critical Applications with Confidence
- vSphere 5.0 Datastore Clusters & VDI
- Virtualization Wars: Episode V – VMware Strikes Back
- VMware vSphere can virtualize itself + 64-bit nested guests
- Introducing Virtual NUMA in vSphere 5
- Multi-NIC vMotion support in vSphere 5.0
- VMFS-5 VMFS-3, What’s the Deal?
Configuring vSphere 5 Features :
VMware vSphere 5 Licensing ( Competitor’s most favored change announced on vSphere 5)
- VMware vSphere™ 5.0 Licensing, Pricing and Packaging
- New VMware licensing explained
- vSphere 5 licensing with vRAM isn’t that bad at all
- vSphere Desktop Licensing Overview
Yes , Scripts have started to come in from the Scripting Guru’s for vSphere 5
Books for vSphere 5 :
vSphere 5 Clustering Technical Deepdive :
VMware vSphere 5.0 Clustering Technical Deepdive zooms in on three key components of every VMware based infrastructure and is by no means a “how to” guide. It covers the basic steps needed to create a vSphere HA and vSphere DRS cluster and to implement vSphere Storage DRS. Even more important, it explains the concepts and mechanisms behind HA, DRS and Storage DRS which will enable you to make well educated decisions. This book will take you in to the trenches of HA, DRS and Storage DRS and will give you the tools to understand and implement e.g. HA admission control policies, DRS resource pools, Datastore Clusters and resource allocation settings. On top of that each section contains basic design principles that can be used for designing, implementing or improving VMware infrastructures and fundamental supporting features like (Storage) vMotion, Storage I/O Control and much more are described in detail for the very first time.
Would personally recommend to any VMware Administrator. Simple & Efficient.
More Details available @ http://www.yellow-bricks.com/books/
Paperback for the book is now available an you can find more details out here.
VMware Technical Documents:
- What’s New in VMware vSphere 5.0 Storage :
- What’s New in VMware vSphere 5.0 Performance
- What’s New in VMware vSphere 5.0 Networking
- What’s New in VMware vSphere 5.0 Availability
- What’s New in VMware vCloud Director 1.5 Technical Whitepaper
- What’s New in VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager 5.0 Technical Whitepaper
- What’s New in VMware Data Recovery 2.0 Technical Whitepaper
- VMware vSphere Storage Appliance Technical Whitepaper
- What’s New in VMware vSphere 5.0 Platform
Expressway to Cloud is now open for traffic,Thanks to vSphere 5 !